2012/06/14

Discovering a Lovely Café in St. Petersburg Russia



I have to tell you, I fell in love with St. Petersburg Russia the minute I set foot in this historic city. While I only had two days to explore the city, I knew I needed to make the most out of every minute in this beautiful city. St. Petersburg looks like a fairytale as all the buildings are kept as they were and old aristocracy and culture is the first impression you fall in love with.
Here are a few of the highlights of my wonderful trip to St. Petersburg.

The Hermitage Museum includes so many exciting items, exhibits, and interesting artifacts it would take over a year to explore all of them! That is how extensive the collections are of great things to see and learn about.

One of the highlights of my trip came as I was wandering through the streets of St. Petersburg. I was admiring all the beautiful old buildings that have been kept in excellent condition and came across this unique and beautiful window.  I could peek inside and see the lovely coffee shop and all of the people enjoying a break from the day and sharing in lively conversation with one another. I was so intrigued and tired, I had to go in and experience it myself!

I was so delighted with the charm and attention detail on the interior of the coffee shop. There was hand painted walls and beautiful detailing of curtains above the doors, it was a lovely place to stop and enjoy life for a few moments.

Now that I was on the inside of the shop looking out, I could see out that beautiful window that I had admired from the street. It was even more interesting from the inside, all the quaint finds in the window ledge were a treat to witness in person and not just admire from the street. 

Upstairs was the restaurant and every corner was different than the others. All the fine details that were apparent downstairs in the coffee shop were even better in the restaurant. The furniture textures, the varying wallpaper that surprisingly looked great together and wasn’t distracting. The restaurant felt like you ere invited into someone’s home!

I had the feeling that a Russian Mama would come out of the kitchen. Instead there were young men and women dressed accordingly to the restaurant style, ready to help you choose the restaurant’s specialty with a very friendly smile on their face and the food they served was delicious and very elegantly served.


Leaving from this beautiful place, feeling content and relaxed, I looked up to the upper (restaurant) window.  I made a promise to myself. If I was ever fortunate enough to return to this beautiful city St. Petersburg, I would surely pay a visit again to this friendly restaurant. To be able to taste their beautiful food and experience the ambiance again with the traditional and very eclectic style they have mastered at this quaint coffee shop.

Renia







4 comments:

  1. This coffee shop has exquisite windows. Having this design can really capture the attention of visitors and passersby. On my part, I prefer to sit beside the window when eating in a restaurant, eating meals can be more fun if I can see the beautiful surroundings and stunning architectural designs that surround my place.

    Danielle Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Danielle. The whole town of St. Petersburg has kept the old fronts of the buildings and rebilded the rest of the buildings. I haven't seen a new building front there. These beautiful windows are on all the buildings. I do too prefer to sit by the window, but just to take the phot and show the arc painting work, I sat there where I am sitting in the photo :)

      Delete
  2. Hello!
    It seems to be a wonderful place.
    As soon I am going to Píter, I would like to know, what is the name of the place, or its address?
    Thank you!
    Best regards,
    graziela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a Fairytale city Graziela. I am sorry I lost their card and don't remember the name. But most of them in the center are like this. You are going to enjoy your visit there.

      Delete

Thanks for Contacting Us!