2011/08/22

ILLUMINATE YOUR HOME WITH CANDLES

With the nights getting darker, it's time to start thinking about lighting your home. However, electric lighting isn't the only way to add warmth and light to your home on a dark, autumn day. Candlelight is cheaper and more environmentally friendly and adds a romantic atmosphere into the room or garden.

In order to create interesting lighting take a transparent candle holder and wrap it into lace or glue lace to it. The candlelight will leave beautiful reflections on your walls playing light and shadows.


Candles are a beautiful way to illuminate your indoor and outdoor home too! From entertaining intimate gatherings to festive dinner parties on your outdoor patio, use candles to evoke a sense of intimacy as well as grandeur to your event.

 

Soft lighting and a subtle scent, that's the double whammy of a great candle. I have a few in rotation in my apartment. As I lit the newest introduction this morning, it got me thinking. Why not bring a little bit of home with you on the day of your wedding, and light your favorite fragrance candle in the room you're getting ready in, or create easy wedding table decorations.

  
Decorate your garden with lanterns, hurricane vases and everyday jars filled with candles. Add fruit, plants, and more to add to the theme of your occasion and decor. 



DIY: Mercury Glass
{I finally tried this, you can see my results here}

I'm catching up on a little light magazine reading because I'm finally DONE with finals this semester and that's about all I have the energy for! I'm so happy, but incredibly beat!  Anyway, I saw this idea in Martha Stewart Living to make your own Mercury Glass and really want to try it.  Besides looking really simple to do, I love that I can up cycle my old clear vases into a little arrangement that looks nice, like this:

 
All you need is a couple of clear vases or votives, a spray bottle with water and mirror paint. You can get the mirror paint from Krylon.

Clean your vase or votive then cover the exteriors with paper.  Spray the interiors lightly with water and then with mirror paint. Turn upside down to dry overnight and then repeat if too sheer. When finished, if you want to use it for flowers, just make sure to put them in a glass and then place glass in vase.  Done!  This would be a really inexpensive way to dress up a table for a party or a mantle for the Holidays!
I love this idea!  I definitely have a thing for mercury glass, you can see it here.




Illuminate your home with candlelight and see how it will come alive. Use these helpful decorative tips to bring a sense of peace and tranquility to your next occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Contacting Us!